1st Shift – 7am – 3pm
BRIEF COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
M+A Matting is the leading supplier of floor mats to the textile rental industry worldwide. Our superior customer service and our excellent quality products provide the basis for our success. Continuous development of new technologically advanced mat products assures our customers that M+A mats are unparalleled in quality and performance.
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising production employees in a continuous manufacturing environment. This position plans and assigns work, orders materials, tracks inventory, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Facilitates a safe, clean working environment for all plant employees.
- Participates in loss control and safety programs to improve and control injury and loss experiences. Performs accident investigations.
- Prioritizes the production of work orders by customer requirements, production efficiencies and the amount of time needs to produce the order.
- Trains operators to safely manufacture quality productions while meeting production requirements.
- Maintain proper finished goods and raw material inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Must be willing to work overtime and 6 days of the week during peak season.
Qualified candidates will possess a GED/High School diploma and 5 years manufacturing experience. Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations Management, or similar area and experience in continuous manufacturing environment strongly preferred. Applicants must have the flexibility to juggle multiple tasks and comprehend at a rapid pace. We are seeking a team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills, who is highly motivated, has a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and is a self-starter.
This position will be in a manufacturing environment, with low to medium noise levels, requiring ear protection and safety glasses, in certain areas. Frequent movement on production floor, includes standing, stooping, bending and reaching. Candidates must be available to work various shifts and overtime is a requirement of this position.
M+A Matting provides a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We also offer participation in our 401(k) and profit sharing programs.