BRIEF COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
M+A Matting, a division of Mountville Mills, Inc. is the leading supplier of commercial floor mats worldwide. Our superior customer service and our excellent quality products provide the basis for our success. Continuous development of new technologically advanced mat products assures our customers that M+A Matting mats are unparalleled in quality and performance. M+A Matting backs up their quality and service by offering their customers a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
The candidate will be required to work onsite in LaGrange, GA with our
Research and Development team. Daily tasks will include quality testing, auditing of internal processes and equipment, and working alongside R&D team through new process improvement implementation and product development prototyping and testing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Evaluate production floor at multiple manufacturing facilities to identify and resolve operational problems to help meet established Objectives and Key Result (OKRs) metrics.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing or engineering processes including updating and maintaining preventative maintenance procedures
- Support the execution of production data management systems with specific emphasis on quality control and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Work with product development team to ensure best practices for new products from prototyping to product launch
- Work with necessary plant personnel to implement and properly monitor new or existing quality control procedures
- Work with internal and external lab testing personnel to follow critical test methods including proper documentation relating to government regulation and compliance.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical problems
- Ability to identify, track, and investigate various details
- Ability to identify, understand, maintain, and improve business processes
- Desire to improve both professional and technical skills
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering from a four-year College or University. Ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Quality Control. Requirements for this position are attention to detail, integrity, sense of urgency and the ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
Standard office hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm); While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, crawl, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be required to travel between various plants within LaGrange and Dalton, GA.
Mountville Mills provides a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We also offer participation in our 401(k) and profit-sharing programs.